This christmas centerpiece is a real crowd pleaser. Omnivores love it just as much as your gluten-free, vegan and low-carb friends and family members.
It looks so pretty and smells so festive!
Just try to find a large sqash so that it’s really fit for being the proud center of your christmas table.
Jackfruit Jicken Stuffed Squash
A stunning christmas centerpiece for everybody to enjoy!
Servings 8 people
- 6 cans young(green) jackfruit 280g net weight per can (found at asian food stores)
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp poultry seasoning e.g. Aromameister from Würzmeister
- 3 tsp rosemary and garlic salt e.g. from Würzmeister (or sub with 2 tsp dried rosemary and 1tsp garlic salt)
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 large round squash or pumpkin (approx. 2kg) e.g. muscat squash
- 1 clementine, juiced
- 2 tsp rosemary and garlic salt e.g. from Würzmeister (or sub with 1tsp rosemary and 1 tsp garlic salt)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- some twigs fresh thyme optional
- Drain the fluid from the jackruit cans and tear the jackruit into small stringy pieces using the tips of a fork and your fingers.
- In a bowl, marinate the jackfruit pieces with oil, agave syrup and all the herbs and spices.
- Spread the marinated jackfuit on a lined baking sheet and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. Then stir and bake another 15 minutes.
- Cut a generous slice off the top of the squash to form a lid. If the squash doesn't stand upright well, also cut a small piece off the bottom. Remove the seeds from the sqash and if it's a particularly thick wall remove some of the flesh too. The wall should still be minimum 2cm thick in the end though.
- Rub the insides of the squash bowl and lid with the clementine juice, oil and herbs and spices. There will be a pond of juices remaining in the bowl which cooks the pumpkin from the inside while baking.
- Bake the squash at 180°C for 30-40 minutes or until tender with the lid on its side and not on top because else the bowl might break from the evaporating fluids seeking an exit.
- Fill the squash bowl wit the baked jackfruit, place the lid on top and garnish with some twigs of fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy while still warm. I recommend pairing it with gravy and squashed potatoes.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Long time supporter, and thought I’d drop a comment.
Your wordpress site is very sleek – hope you don’t mind me asking what theme you’re using?
(and don’t mind if I steal it? :P)
I just launched my site –also built in wordpress like yours– but the theme slows (!) the site down quite a bit.
In case you have a minute, you can find it by searching for “royal cbd” on Google (would appreciate any feedback) – it’s still in the works.
Keep up the good work– and hope you all take care of yourself during the coronavirus scare!
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy you like my page!
The theme I use is OceanWP – go ahead and steal 😉
And yes I’ll definitely check out your page!
Hoping you and your close ones stay safe and healthy too! Oh and sane 😉
Very rapidly this website will be famous amid
all blogging visitors, due to it’s good articles or reviews