This personal favourite is so simple yet so indulgent. Feel like having dinner at a restaurant in Italy while feeling the warm summer evening air brush by. That’s my association at least 🙂 Alternatively simply enjoy the creaminess and the perfectly balanced lemon flavour.
Tagliolini al Limone
Prep Time2 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time12 mins
Course: Main CourseCuisine: ItalianKeyword: easy, lactose-free, nut-free, summer
Servings: 2 people
- Grater (e.g. microplane)
- 250 g tagliolini (egg-free) for example by Agnesi
- 40 g vegan butter or margarine for example Naturli ‘Streichzarter Block’
- 1/2 lemon’s zest
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 deciliter soy cream
- 1/2 lemon’s juice
- a few twigs fresh parsley
- some more lemon zest
- Cook the tagliolini (thin tagliatelle, substitute with tagliatelle if you don’t find tagliolini) in salt water for the required amount of time. Attention: Reserve 1 deciliter of the pasta water when draining.
- In the meantime add the butter, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper to a pan and let infuse for at least 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the cooked tagliolini and the reserved pasta water to the infused butter and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soy cream, lemon juice and some more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with parsley and additional lemon zest if you like.