It’s summer. It’s hot.
This cold melon soup is so tasty and refreshing. Savory and Sweet. Light but filling. Delighting!
Cold Melon Soup
Prep Time5 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time25 mins
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, SoupCuisine: European, JapaneseKeyword: easy, lactose-free, nut-free, summer
Servings: 3 people
- 1 Melon charentais (cantaloupe)
- 1 bulb garlic or 6 cloves if you already roasted your garlic
- 1 twig fresh mint
- 1 deciliter soy milk
- 1 deciliter water
- 1 tsp white miso paste sub with vegetable bouillon if you don’t have miso
- 1 slice bread, frozen if you don’t have frozen bread you can also add the deciliter of water in the form of ice cubes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb, smear with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 200°C for about 20 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Slice the melon and remove the skin. Add it to the blender with 6 cloves of the roasted garlic and all the other ingredients. Blend and serve immediately with mint and crushed black pepper for decoration.