This is another favourite for a hot summer evening. It’s quickly made, it’s cold it’s delicious. Also suitable for a picnic at the lake for example.
Slurp slurp slurp 🙂
Pad Thai Noodle Salad
A cold refreshing salad with all the Asian goodness. Slurp slurp slurp.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 15 mins
Servings 2 people
- 230 g Chinese wheat noodles e.g. chop stick
- 100 g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can chickpeas
- 100 g tofu firm, natural or smoked
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5 drops liquid smoke not necessary if using smoked tofu
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds optional
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tbsp ketjap manis sub with 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp date syrup or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red chili (dried, crumbled) or 1 tsp chili flakes
- Cook the noodles in salted water according to package instructions. In the end before draining add the spinach leaves for only 1 minute, then drain.
- Cut the tofu in small strips or cubes (the more surface area per piece, the more flavor). Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan, add the tofu and the liquid smoke and fry on a medium high heat until golden brown.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop the green parts of the spring onions into thin rings. (Keep the white onion part at the bottom for the next time you need onions.) Add the sauce and the tofu to the noodles and stir well. Plate up and sprinkle with the spring onions and sesame seeds.