If you have a bach of cashew mozzarella prepared this is a suuupereasy recipe. And if you don’t – that one is also super easy as soon as you have ingredients at home 🙂
This steaming hot and comfoting autumn dish however has pleased all the critical crowd I’ve served it to so far and it’s definitely become a staple here.
Go make it and thank me later 😉
Steaming Cheesy Spaghetti Squash
Steaming hot and comfortingly cheesy. A very easy and very satisfying fall dinner idea.
Servings 2 people
- 1 spaghetti squash approx 1kg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 200 g cashew mozzarella https://www.thefeastybeast.com/cashew-mozzarella/
- 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil
- 2-3 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and deseed it. Then rub its insides with the olive oil, salt and smoked paprika
- Place the halves cut side down on a lined baking tray and bake in the middle of your oven for 40 minutes or until a pairing knife slides in effortlessly.
- Remove the squash halves from the oven and with a fork scrape some of the insides loose into their spaghetti shape while still leaving enough (about 5mm) on the walls so the shape holds up. And also while still leaving the spaghetti strands inside the squash halves.
- Chop all fresh herbs and mix the loose spaghetti strands with 2/3 of the chopped herbs and the black pepper.
- Place half of the cashew mozzarella on each squash half and sprinkle with the remaining herbs.
- Bake at 180°C for another 10-20 minutes or until the cashew mozzarella has melted nicely.
- Serve as they are or with an additional small sprinkle of olive oil and salt. Attention they are hot 🙂
If you're rather hungry serve this with some additional satiating sides.