This creamy, perfectly spreadable cashew cheese is a real crowd pleaser. It’s not only very easy to make but also way cheaper than a storebought one. People usually ask me how I fermented it to make it so cheesy.. thing is I didn’t 🙂
Just have it on bread or serve it on a cheese platter with plenty stuff to spread it on, crunchy nuts, sweet dried fruit, vibrant fresh fruit and zingy pickled things. Add vegan charcuterie if you feel like it.
CREAMY CASHEW CHEESE
- 300 g Cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp plantbased butter e.g. naturli
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 handful dried cranberries or other dried fruit optional
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes or over night.
- Drain the cashews and add into a food processor along with all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Wrap the cheese in cling film and form a ball. Chill it for at least 6 hours.
- Unwrap the cheese and cover it in chopped up dried fruit if you like.